|July 1925 - December 1970|
|Gus Wilson's Model Garage|
1965 Table of Contents
|January -||July -|
|February -||August -|
|March -||September -|
|April -||October -|
|May -||November -|
|June -||December -|
In the News...
● Rev. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., and more than 2,600 other blacks arrested in Selma, Ala., during three-day demonstrations against voter-registration rules (Feb. 1).
● Malcolm X, black-nationalist leader, shot to death at Harlem rally in New York City (Feb. 21).
● U.S. Marines land in Dominican Republic as fighting persists between rebels and Dominican army (April 28).
● Medicare, senior citizens' government medical assistance program, begins (July 1).
● Blacks riot for six days in Watts section of Los Angeles: 34 dead, over 1,000 injured, nearly 4,000 arrested, fire damage put at $175 million (Aug. 11 -16).
● Power failure in Ontario plant blacks out parts of eight states of northeast U.S. and two provinces of southeast Canada (Nov. 9).
● Volkswagen buys Audi
● Ralph Nader, a U.S. consumer advocate, published a book 'Unsafe at Any Speed' about the auto industry and its poor safety standards (USA).