|July 1925 - December 1970|
|Gus Wilson's Model Garage|
1939 Table of Contents
|Gus Solves Queer Gas Line Troubles||
|Gus Looks For Trouble|
|February -||Faulty Wheel Adjustment||August -||Gus Wilson Misses A Trick|
|March -||Don't Trust Your Ears||September -||Gus Wins On Double Trouble|
|April -||Gus Builds A Motor Tester||October -||A Bargain From Gus|
|May -||Varnish- A New Engine Trouble||November -||Gus Solves A Stinger|
|June -||Tail Light Troubles||December -||Gus Takes A Holiday|
In The News...
● Germany invades Poland; occupies Bohemia and Moravia; renounces pact with England and concludes 10-year non-aggression pact with USSR.
● World War II begins. (For detailed chronology, see World War II.)
● In U.S., Roosevelt submits $1,319-million defense budget, proclaims U.S. neutrality, and declares limited emergency.
● Einstein writes FDR about feasibility of atomic bomb. New York World's Fair opens.
● DAR refuses to allow Marian Anderson to perform.
● Gone with the Wind premieres.
● First Hydramatic transmission - 1940 Oldsmobile
● First Lincoln Continental